- China's economy faces hurdles, author says," Bernie Hornick, The Tribune-Democrat, 11 May 2011.
- "A biographical sketch in "Military Transformation and Modern Warfare: A Reference Handbook," by Elinor Sloan (Westport CT: Praeger, 2010).
- "Best + Brightest: The Alumni," by Buddy Kite, Esquire, December 2004.
- "At The Pentagon, Quirky PowerPoint Carries Big Punch: In a World of 'Gap' States, Mr. Barnett Urges Generals To Split Forces in Two; Austin Powers on Soundtrack," by Greg Jaffe, Wall Street Journal, 11 May 2004 (front page).
- "The Strategist (inaugural Best & Brightest issue)," by Andrew Chaikivsky, Esquire, December 2002.
- "Dr. Thomas Barnett named Proceedings 'Author of the Year,'" by David Ausiello, Newport Navalog, 5 April 2002.